Saturday, October 29, 2011

Life is Changing


For many years my life has revolved around my kids...I absolutely loved life with my boys when they were little!  I think back when they were babies, they were so different Landon really liked to be held, in fact that kid never held his own bottle and insisted on being held in order to go to sleep....there was even a time when I was trying to get him to be able to go all night without needing me to get him out of the crib so instead of getting him out I would hold his hand through the slats of his crib.....REALLY? I would actually lay on the floor and hold hands with a 1 year old....I am not sure I see a difference now between holding all of him or his hand...I guess at the time I was desperate or sleep deprived.

Then there was Tanner from day one.....he just wanted to be left alone, he didn't need to be held in order to go to sleep, in fact he preferred to have a bottle then put in bed wide awake, within minutes he was OUT! It was a blessing....but I missed not having a cuddly baby...he also loved his Binky he loved going to bed cause that was the only time he got it (when he was older 2ish) Bill never knew he still used it until one week I had to go over night for work and he went in and checked on him and seen him with it (we always just put it under his pillow and he would put his little hand under and get for him self....cute huh!!!) That was when he got it taken away.....when he stopped going to bed so good...for about 1-2 weeks he refused to go to bed...he would only go to sleep in his rocking chair..when he was asleep I would pick him up and put him bed but he would just wake up and go back to his chair....

It has hit me this weekend that things are really changing....Tanner has gone to Moab for a bike race with some of his biking buddies with one of their dads as a chaperon. and Landon has been gone too. he has been doing the Halloween stuff with his friends and going to his *girlfriends* house....It has got me thinking....they really don't need me and Bill in the same way they use to. So this is leaving a lot of time for just Bill and I, we have had a really great weekend!!!  Last night we went to Wingers for a tasty salad then home to cozy up and watch a movie!!!  wasn't even that great of a movie...but it was so nice to be with him and not have to worry about needing to entertain kids!  We then slept in and got up and went to Einstein's for a bagel and hot chocolate... It was getting to be dinner time and Bills said hey it's just you and me again lets go get some wings at WingNutz....so off we went again. just us again...yeah its true we talked about our boys but we also talked about a vacation for just us two!! Don't know where or when but hey we are a talkin!!!

Me and my Honey!!

2 comments:

LeAnn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
LeAnn said...

Awww. I love it. I cherish these days with my kids.. but also look forward to the years when I can be with just my hubby again! Good for you!