Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Just a Funny Feeling

So I have been walking every night ever since June after my work did a health assessment I was stunned at what the results were so I decided to do something about it! I changed a lot I am eating more healthy, and as you have already read....I am now exercising...along with my walking I am also hula hooping it only took me a couple of weeks to be able to keep the hoop up and before long I made it 50 mins straight, I have lost serveral inches and pounds. It is hard to keep eating good, it seems we are always have some goodie at work, then there is family events...I have been able to work around it but sometimes I allow a treat!
Well to where I was going with this post.......
Several weeks ago while we ( my neighbor Wendy) was on our walk we turned a corner to come upon two teenage boys that we was not familiar with, it was dark and we could not see them very well a strange feeling came over both of us but the boys said hi and asked us how are walk was we answered then as we kept walking up ahead on the other side of the street there was another boy who seemed to be trying to hide like he did not want us to see his face, we had stopped talking and was trying to take everything in.....what was they wearing? what color was their hair, anything that would him to identify them if need be. We even thought about stopping by the chief of police house to have him go talk to them but we felt silly thinking what would we tell him...."we have a strange feeling" so we didn't do it. I even made the comment I sure hope no car or home gets broken into tonight. We had not been home but about an hour or so, Bill and I had gone to bed it was almost 11 Tanner has stayed up late he didn't have school the next day, when I heard the doorbell ring, then I could hear Tanner talking for some time I decided to go see what was going on...it ended up being Tanner's friend who happen to live right where we seen the boys hanging out.....it just so happened that awhile after we walked past Tanners friend's doorbell rang it was a boy with a mask on telling the boy that a girl wanted to ask him to the halloween dance that he had to meet her at the elementary school by the slide. His dad went with him but waited in the car he had rolled down the window so he could somewhat hear what was going on when all of a sudden he thought he heard a  scuffle going on so he got out of the car and jumped the fence to see his son getting the crap beaten out of him by three boys when he yelled they ran.... his son had blood every where so it seemed, they called the police and they had an ambulance come to check him out. He had lots of bumps and bruises and a broken nose and was shaken up. They had stopped by our house to see if Tanner had heard any rumors at school? He hadn't as Tanner had been expelled the day before because he had gotten into a fight with a kid that had been bullying him for a month. The kid had come up to Tanner in the hall and pushing him saying That Tanner was a wuss and he was going to kick his A** this was the third time this same kid had pushed or punched him so Tanner just got back up and punched the kid in the face and was still hitting him when a teacher pulled Tanner off of him. When they got down to the office the kid told Tanner "I can't believe you hit me" Tanner said "I can't believe you rhought I would let you keep pushing me around and making threats to me" needless to say I got a call from the principal and then Bill went and signed him out of school. So far the kid has left him alone, Tanner said when they went back to school 7 days later the kid still had a fat lip.
The police have never found the boys that beat up Tanner's friend. and I really don't know if the boys we saw were involved or not, but I have decided that I am going with my gut feeling from here on out!

1 comment:

Devin and Jaclyn Stutz said...

That is aweful Linda. It's a good thing the boys dad went with him. One thing I have learned being married to Devin is it never hurts to call the cops on something you feel funny about. You never know what they will find.