Sunday, October 16, 2011

A Great Girls Weekend


































For the last few years my mom and I go down to Fairview to spend the night at my Aunt Nancy's. We make a birdhouse and eat and talk and LAUGH!!! This year was no exception. The ladies that come are so fun to visit with, the talent they have is amazing! This year they decided to paint Gourdes I had no idea how to do that, in fact the idea left me puzzled how in the heck would you paint a gourd? I decided not to do one but if they do it again next year I will! I have to see something first to get any ideas flowing! What they did was amazing! while they were working on the gourdes mom and I brought ceramic corn on the cob dishes and believe it or not we were the last ones finished. Karen brought us all some clam chowder, Sophie made the most Delicious rolls, there was salads and of course some yummy desserts! After we were done with our projects we all sat around and talked told many funny stories. We left around 11:00 to go back to Aunt Nancy's her grand daughter Emery had come down with a friend for the weekend they were just getting ready to watch the move "Rat Race" so I tried to stay awake made it almost all the way but feel asleep 10 mins. before it got over... Just my luck. The next morning we were to be back at Sophies for breakfast of biscuts and gravy and eggs. After breakfast we headed out to go for a ride in "Tinkerbell" then we headed back to Nancys to get our stuff all packed up and head for home....We stayed and talked more to Uncle Howard and Nancy and the girls for hours....Finally headed home at 2:00 made it home around 4 so I took Bill and Landon to Astro Buger and then to see the movie "Footloose" What a FUN FUN weekend!

1 comment:

Melissa and Jeff said...

Sounds like fun! So how does the "calm soup" taste??? lol I would like some calm soup some days!