Thursday, October 13, 2011

CATCHING UP

I have been thinking for some time that I needed to blog again, It was easy when the kids were young there was always a story to be told! Now that they are older things seems to be calmer....Hahaha!!! or there could be many stories that just cannot be shared! There is some great news that happened a few months ago that I neglected to write about.

Landon has graduated from High School..............What a relief, Landon's high school life was a big challenge for the whole family and to be really honest I was not sure this day was ever going to happen. But it did and I was so happy for him! Valley High held their graduation at SLCC on June 1, 2011, all the speakers did a really good job and I was so glad that just the day before graduation Landon went into the office to see when he could pick up his diploma, he had not planned on walking, so in that case he had not purchased the cap and gown. They advised him that he could receive it at graduation and handed him a cap and gown and told him to be there by 2:00....Miracles happen in all walks of life! Landon called me from the school to let me know he was going to attend graduation!!!! I was ecstatic! and hurried off to talk to my manager about getting the next day off! I hurried and called Bill as well so he could do the same! Landon's cute girlfriend, and grandma Hatt was able to come as well. after graduation I took us all out to dinner to Asian Star. It ended up being a great day!!!! YEAH for Landon! I always knew you could do it! You could have lesson my fears along the way!

All summer long Landon has been searching for a job.....I guess you could say we have all been looking for a job for him, this day and age has proven very hard to land a job! I know he is not the only one having a hard time, but man he really needs a job it is hard to see him sitting home with nothing to do. Wish us luck something has got to come up soon.

Tanner is still a biking fool, he participated in many races this year and is really good he has taken 2nd or 3rd at most races. we all went to Telliride, Co. for a mini family vacation/bike race I absolutely loved it there. But the day before the race Tanner was taking a practice run we was all watching on his last ride we never seen him come down the mountain, the next thing we knew his friend Christian was coming up the mountain to find Bill to let him know that Tanner had crashed into a tree and was hurt....we was so far away from him and had to take two trams to get to him, it took us about 20 mins to get to where he was at. the patrol had gotten him off the mountain and had him bandaged up so that we could get him to the ER. Bill went ahead with Tanner while Landon and myself stayed back to fill out the paperwork with the patrol, we caught up with them as they was walking to the ER....This was the fastest ER visit I have ever been in. They took x-rays of his right shoulder and ankle had them read and Tanner in a sling within an hour! He had broken his the growth plate in the humrus bone in his upper arm and sprained him ankle. No race for Tanner this trip but so glad that Tanner will be ok and that he is a tough guy, this makes it two breaks in less than a year....All I know is Tanner will never give it up!




1 comment:

Devin and Jaclyn Stutz said...

Yay you're back! I've been checking for months. Don't let me down now!