Sunday, July 6, 2008

What A Great Long Weekend

Right after work on Thursday I came right home and dug into yard work. Us and two of the neighbors went in on a big garbage bin so we could clean out our yards. We had a brick planter box and old piegon pen that we tore down. we have been working on the planter box for a couple of months. We had borrowed Ron's sledge hammer and Landon and Tanner have been working their guts out. It was to a point where Bill had to get involved to finalize the project. After the bricks were all thrown out I mentioned to Bill we ought to get rid of the piegon pen. On Friday when I went to pick up Landon from work Bill had knocked the pen down and just needed a hand to throw the bigger pieces away. Our backyard is finally looking a lot better. What away to spend the 4th of July....... Ron and Brody was asked to be apart of the Stadium of Fire, fireworks they were representing the Bow and Arrow side of the olympics. During a certain song and part of the song they were to shoot an arrow at the target and it would send up a firework. I guess they had a number of people for certain thymes of the summer olympics involved. but not all their fireworks went off when they hit their targets. At anyrate Ron had a couple of extra tickets so my mom and one of my kids were able to go. (I had them draw straws, the one who picked the short one got to go) Tanner was the winner, so off he went to see the show. Mylie Cyris ( Hannah Montana) was singing, along with the Blue Man group. He had a great time. He also spent the night at my mom's house and the next moring he got up and worked in her yard digging out old tree stumps, he planted some flowers and fixed her birdhouse in the ground and hung up her bird feeder. He was busy, busy, busy. We finished up in the yard and I had to hurry and do the wash and clean up around the house. I also had to work on my lesson for Young Womans on Sunday. I was late at getting my lesson prepared I kept putting it off. I still was not done with that when we had to leave for Gordon and Sandy's my whole side of the family was coming to their house for a BBQ. We were all able to go except Brody ( Ron's son). We all had a good time, we took many family pictures as a whole and seperate so when I get a copy I'll post them. Today I had to give my lesson for young womens, it went really well. I had a lot of compliments. I'm always relieved to hear that they learned something. We are heading to Bill's parents house for another BBQ. So I'll take more photos then post those as well. Well off we go for another round of laughter and fun.... Tell I'm at a computer without a virus. Ours should be fixed soon.

No comments: