Monday, July 28, 2008

A BIG CHANGE

Sunday morning I had to go meet the Bishop along with the whole Young Womens Presidency. As you can guess we were all released! (Kathy Blair-President, Serena Farr-1st counslor, Linda Hart (me) as 2nd counslor and Virginia Anderson-Secretary) We had all been in together for almost 2 1/2 years. I have been in Young Womens since 2003 I have been a teacher, secretary, 2nd counslor, and personal progress advisor. I have loved this calling!! but since the girls stay in about the same length of time as myself I feel like I am graduating from young womens. Right after I was released they asked me to be the secretary of Primary. So did I graduate? Even though I will really miss the girls it was probably time for me to move on...... It is going to seem really strange having Wednesday nights open now.

On Sunday afternoon I had my mom and her friend (my second Grandma) Wanda over for dinner. I made a pork roast, mashed potatoes, fresh greenbeans and a green salad. for dessert rootbeer floats. it was very tasty mmmm. After dinner my mom, Wanda and myself got looking at some old books that my Granda Hatt had put together they were old obituaries and wedding announcements. and her journal. we laughed a lot brought back some great old memories and told us some things we didn't even know. We must have look at these old books for over an hour. Then a big old wind storm hit and the skies were getting black and so I shewed my mom and Wanda home in case it started to rain I wanted them to be home before it did.

I love Sunday afternoons like this.

1 comment:

Melissa and Jeff said...

Primary huh? Hope you like it better than I did. It is a huge change from Young Womens. Good Luck.