Monday, September 15, 2008

TANNERS TURN TO BE INJURED

Tanner has gone all summer with really no major accidents, with all his biking almost everyday I have found that to be a blessing! and a big Whew....but today his luck ran out! When he got home from school he called and said he was heading to the gully by the skate park to work on building a bike jump. I of course asked who was going with him and he stated that none of his friends could go so he was going by himself. And again I told him I didn't like him going off by himself but of course what do I know? I had to stay late at work to finish up a couple of things so I was just leaving work around 5:30 on my way home I thought I would call him to see if he wanted a ride home. He answered the phone at almost the same time it would have gone to voice mail I immediately knew something was wrong. He was not his happy self and when I asked what was the matter he said he had tried his new jump and crashed he was now crying very hard he said he thinks he broke his arm (right) I ask him where he is at as he has his bike and a shovel and now an injured arm, he tells me he is walking home home pushing his bike and carrying the shovel, I tell him to stay where he is and that I'll call Dad to go get him. He thinks he can keep going. I call Bill and tell him whats going on and to head to where Tanner is at. Of course he doesn't call me back so I worry all the way home. I get home to see that Tanner looks like his has been through the war. His chin is scrapped and the side of his cheek but to my suprise his arm doesn't look broken and he can move it pretty good but not without hurting. I give him a some advil get him in the tub by the time he gets out he says his arm doesn't hurt as bad. I guess we'll have to see what the morning brings? We also tell him that is one very good reason why you don't go off by yourself. I hope he remembers this event in the future!

2 comments:

Melissa and Jeff said...

Boys will be boys i guess. Hope the arm is not broken.

LeAnn said...

Tanner.. Tanner.. Tanner... I hope he is feeling better today! That kid! :)