Wednesday, September 17, 2008

IT SEEMS LIKE SUCH A LONG TIME AGO AND YET LIKE YESTERDAY

An event took place 17 years ago this month on the 5th. I remember that day like it was yesterday. I can remember the whole day, even to what I was wearing. I still find it hard to believe that it has been 17 years. I remember her laugh, smile and her tiny features she seems perfect in my eyes she was a dream come true. She was a fun baby! a good baby! but she had her fussy times. I couldn't believe I had a Girl they are hard to come by on both sides of the family. I felt truly blessed. On September 4th 1991 my worst fears came true My Jailee had been rushed to Alta View ER she had stopped breathing. My world had been turned upside down in a flash. she was then life flighted to Primary Childrens Hospital in Salt Lake. After doing all the doctors could do she was taken off life support the next day September 5th 1991 and took one final breath and passed peacefully away. I remember them placing her in my arms to say goodbye........

Today Jailee would be a Senior at Alta it is hard to imagine who she would be and what she would look like. Sometimes I feel paniky because the vision of her face leaves me, then all I do is think back to the great memories I have of her and it all comes back. I wonder all the time about what she would like to do, who would her friends be? Would we get along?

I do have to say that even though I only had her for almost 7 months I am glad I had her in my life. I think she helped me be the Mom, wife and friend I am today. I am so glad that I was able to hold, hug and kiss her for as long as I did. I was blessed because she is my daughter. I will be blessed to hold again someday. That day will be a great day!

Untill then I will continue to hold hug and kiss the 3 men in my life Bill, Landon and Tanner and be grateful for what I do have right now. These 3 will help me to laugh, love and smile and even cry at times for the rest of my life. I LOVE my family with all my heart.

2 comments:

Melissa and Jeff said...

I miss Jailee too. You are lucky to have known her for so long. Some parents only have minutes with their babies. It is hard to imagine all the things she would be doing now - DATING! DRIVING! Wow- what a worry for you, at least you know she is safe.
Love ya

LeAnn said...

Linda, That made me cry! You are a great mom, wife and friend. You are a great example to me! I look up to you in all three of those things! You are awesome! I love you!