Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Moab Weekend


Bill and Tanner headed to Moab last Friday to do some mountain biking Tanner has been waiting a long time to go to slickrock and mushroom drop. Since there was no school on Friday they left early. They found a camp spot pretty easy so they set up camp then headed for a ride. I guess they had a blast. Tanner was in heaven. Lots of people kept asking Tanner how old he was when they found out he was 13 they couldn't believe he was riding these trails one mom came up to him and said that her 16 and 18 year would never dare to ride where he had rode. I guess there are not many young kids that go riding down there. The picture shows him at the top of the mushroom drop. (I can tell you one thing if you promise not to tell Tanner) he did not jump this jump. it is about a 10-12 foot drop and it lands right on another rock. Bill didn't feel like making a trip to the hospital so he wouldn't let him do it and to be honest I don't think Tanner would have he just talks big but that's it.
While those two were out having fun in Moab Landon and I were at home (Landon is not into biking) so on Friday night we went to McDonalds then up to snowbird to take some skis and coats up to try to sell at the swap. Afterwards I dropped Landon off at the skate park and I went home to clean and do laundry. Landon had a friend stay the night then the next day I went to work and Landon and his friend returned to the skate park later that afternoon another one of Landons friend invited him to the "Big A**"( that was the name I promise) concert at the Usana center he was way excited he has wanted to go to a concert way bad. they left around 2 and I went and picked them up around 10:00 he has not stopped talking about it since. I didn't have anything going on so I asked my mom to go to a movie with me so we went and seen Fly Boys what a great show. I think I'll have to buy it. We also went to Astro and had lunch what a fun relaxing day. Looks like we all had a great weekend!

3 comments:

LeAnn said...

Again! Exlcellent picture!

Devin and Jaclyn Stutz said...

here is Shalise's blog http://www.pnarsche.blogspot.com/

Jason and Shalise Staples said...

Wow linda, I miss all of the stories about your kids. They have grow so much in 9 months. Hey I just wanted to know if I got your email right - chatycathy@gmail?