Wednesday, November 9, 2011

MONEY TO BURN IN MY "FLEX SPENDING" ACCOUNT

Many of you may be in the same boat as me.....It is getting to be the end of the year so I check my balance of my Flex Spending" account and to my surprise I have several hundred dollars left.  My mind starts whirling in many different directions, who needs what? who needs to go to the doctor....I call all of Tanner's doctors relating to his broken shoulder to make sure I am paid in full, to my "surprise" again I am.  I decide I will go get  Mammogram so I set my appointment and ask what my co-pay will be?  That ought to use at least $50.00.....Nope that is preventative so it's paid in full! WOW!  next I call to get the "Yearly exam" ....you guessed it.... paid in full again.... Although I am not using my flex spending I am at least making sure I am healthy! so now what to do, if I don't use it I will loose it! I call and make an appointment for Bill for a physical,..... another preventative. So won't use it there.  I decide to  make Tanner an eye appointment, don't know when he has had one of them.  Go to check in today and I hand them my flex spending card and they to advise this is a preventative NO CO-PAY needed are you KIDDING!!!!  There was an upside Tanner needed an eye drop prescription as he has some allergy,(sad that is an upside) that was $60.00   I am usually not this upset about not paying for a doctor visit, I am running out of options. while at the doctors I remember that Landon is due for a dermatology appointment so I set up his appointment....THAT will use some of my money.  I also remember that Landon needed some dental work that I was putting off until next year. So after all that I think I will use all my money! 
Whew.....who knew spending money could be so hard! 

2 comments:

Blake and Lacy said...

Nice! We had the same problem last year and ended up buying a bunch of tylenol, bandaides, etc...kind of stressful hoping that you use it all up :)

Devin and Jaclyn Stutz said...

Don't you wish you could spend it on whatever you wanted and not just medical things. You could buy new clothes!