Saturday, May 23, 2009

The First Day of A Long Weekend

Yesterday afternoon, after Tanner got home from school Bill and Tanner headed off to Moab. It was kind of a last minute idea so they had no reservations and no plans other than to ride their little legs off on the mountain bikes. Traffic was heavy leaving the city, the maxium speed was about 45 MPH until they got to the Prcie area. They reached Moab about 7:30pm, it was raining and they were hungry! they drove around to many camp sites but all were full, even the tent sites. Our next door neighbors were planning on going down today for the rest of the weekend. Bill wanted to talk to them to let them know of the camping situation so I took my cell phone across the street so they could chat. I never heard back from them until this morning at 10:00am Apparently they ended up sleeping the car, not very comfy! and they ended up eating at burger king wow what a Great Birthday dinner for Tanner he turned 14 yesterday. so this whole trip was what he wanted to do for his birthday. They have found a camping spot this morning so all is looking up. After they get all set up they are going to head on a ride. I am sure glad that their weekend is looking up. I will post some pics when they return. As far as Landon and myself go we have some parties in store. let you know all about them as they happen. so stay tuned

1 comment:

Devin and Jaclyn Stutz said...

I can't believe Tanner is 14 already. He was turning 10 when I first met you. You're baby is growing up.