Saturday, August 23, 2008

Oh My Gosh I Have a High Schooler!!

Well on Aug. 13th Landon had to go register for High School What a process! I took the morning off work to go with him. Can I just say 3 words? " Not Long Enough" We were there at 9:00 AM we walk into the school and who knows where you're to start, kids and parents everywhere. I finally see a line with a #1 so I figure that's were we start. The line is long and it appears that there is only 1 person helping in line 1. while line 2 and 3 have a couple of people and hardly anyone in line so I venture over there but on no you can't go to those until you've been to 1. I get to looking it appears there are about 8 lines to get through after about an hour we are at the desk I have a stack of papers with me so I just hand them all to her she thumbs through and pulls out 1 maybe 2 papers and hands the rest back to me and stamps a card and tells us to go to 2. Are you kidding each line only takes one of the pre-filled out forms? We have one of Landon's friends with us and I'm trying to help him to. We get to line 4 it is for pictures, they find his name then hands him a card now they tell him he needs to stand in line to get his picture taken, I decide to go get in the line to pay, after another hour or more I am at the desk to pay and Landon meets up with me there then we have to go get in line for his schedule. (are you keeping trak of time?) the next line is PTA hand in that form then it's off to get a locker, I take one look at that line and know that I will seriously be there another hour or two, I advise Landon that he is old enogh to handle this job on his own with his friend and I am out of here. it is 10:55 I am 10 mins away from 2 hours to register. I head to work and make it in time for lunch I make a quick stop at Taco Bell ahnd run upstairs to the breakroom to hurry and eat I am starved. I called Landon around 1:00 to see if they are done and he informs that the schools computer crashed after he had waited over an hour and they sent everyone home. Glad I didn't stay!! they had to go back on Monday to get their locker. It seems like there should be a faster easier way to get registered? 2 nights ago Landon was at the skate park around 7:00 he was calling me to come and get him, that's odd I ask what's the matter and he tells mer he thinks he broke his toe. I'm on my way...... I get there to pick him up and I get really mad he is in his new red pants and new school shoes.he hobbles to the car and gets in and what do I say.... Why are you wearing your new clothes to the skate park? he replies with whats wrong with that? and he asks is that all your worried about? now he is mad beacuse I'm not showing concern for his toe? I remind him that he is almost wearing $150.00 and he told me he wouldn't wear these to the park. I get him home and take a look at his toe, looks broken to me but I also know that there isn't much they can do for this kind of break. I get an ice pack and give him some Advil and tell him I'm sorry. He is still hobbling a little bit and his toe is purple. I guess it's not that bad he has gone to his first high school STOMP! I sure hope he has fun!! I remember going to those and having a really good time! Tanner has been working on a merit badge for biking. he has had to go on two 10, two 15 and two 25 mile bike rides and in three weeks he will go on a 50 miler. So this morning he got up at 6:30 to go on his last 25 miler they rode to Thanksgiving Point and back, If I had gone with I'm really not sure I would have made it there let alone come back and I'm sure I would have ended up in the hospital in traction! I don't know how he does it? then of all things Tanner and Bill and Tanners friend Erich went to Park City for another ride can you say "Oh my butt" I know for sure I wouldn't be walking tonight. They rode another 20 miles. He is really tired. and hasn't moved much from the couch. Bill too. I had a baptism to go to today and a ton of laundry to do infact I'm still not done. It's almost 10:30 better go hit the sack.

Night!

1 comment:

Melissa and Jeff said...

wow! That was a lot of talking! I could imagine you speed talking through the whole thing. You could get an X-ray of Landon's toe to make sure it is not dislocated or out of alignment, but other than that he should "buddy tape" them. Tape the injured toe to the one next to it. And wear some sturdy shoes that doen't let his toes bend too much.