Tuesday, December 27, 2011

CHRISTMAS GATHERINGS

This year Christmas snuck up on me!  It was here before I knew it.  I guess I just kept thinking that I had more time... a lot more!  Not so!

I finally put our tree up....Not the same one I usually do.  I had purchased a set of three pine trees many years ago, I always wanted to use them as my tree but it felt awkward, not what I was use to.  My idea in getting these three trees was to symbolize my three children. I wanted my tree to having some sort of personal meaning....I LOVED IT!  I am sure I will do it again!  I was able to put the trees up in my front room usually the tree is downstairs where we have more room, the only problem is we don't usually spend time downstairs...The three trees are not bulky they are more tall and skinny so I was able to put them in front of the main window.




This year has been a year of change, with Landon graduating and Tanner being a Junior in High School the Christmas feeling has changed, they were not bugging me about putting up our tree and they don't care to listen to Christmas music, if it ain't head banging screamo stuff they don't want to hear it! I guess we are even I don't care much to listen to their music!  Oh the JOYS of having teens in the house.  

Also....Tanner went on his bike camp for his Christmas present. and Landon got his new bed....and they both loved their presents but not much to get up for on Christmas morning....



We had a few family gatherings this season as well... The Hatt's got together on the 19th for our anual gift exchange and dinner.  This year we had pizza and salad with some yummy  breadsticks and Fat Boys for dessert!  We always have a good time we all like to see each other and hear stories and laugh!  I am so lucky to have to older bothers! and be able to see their families!  We love to see each other and enjoy each others company!






On Christmas eve we get together with the Hart's This year we had our Nephew  Austin his wife Breena and their son Kael from Idaho come and spend the week with us! We had a great time and feel so blessed that they come to see us.  We loved having them here and it was so fun to have a three year old in the house to liven it up a bit! Christmas spirit really comes when there are little kids around!





On Christmas morning we got up and fixed waffles eggs and sausage...then opened a few more presents Santa brought a couple of gifts for Landon and Tanner, santa gave each of them a movie pass and a refillable mug at the theater.Santa found Kael at our house too! brought him some cars and transformers!
after we went to see my Mom and had some corn chowder and gave her a new camera!  She gave Tanner a new robe and lounging pants he loved them, had to put them on and then advise me that we should start subscribing to the news paper so he could go outside to pick it up in his robe!  He is too much! We all teased him that in his robe he looked like Hue Hefner!  LOL!!!  Landon got a beard trimmer and had to go right in and try out all the nifty gadgets!  Later that night we headed back to Bill's parents for Prime Rib dinner....It was a Wonderful Christmas Day!!





So now that is all said and done.....Here is wishing all my friends and family a FABULOUS New Year!!!

1 comment:

LeAnn said...

Sounds like you had a fab holiday! I love seeing your pictures. You are so lucky to be able to get together with family!