Sunday, December 11, 2011

THE BIG DAY ARRIVED

Friday was a day like any other day....except that  it was Landon's 19th Birthday!  Can I just say that I am in total disbelief!  Where has the time gone?  That day took me back to the day he was born...I was scheduled for an induction at LDS hospital had to be there at 7:00 am. by around 6 that night I still had not had him and he was stressing so they decided that it was time for a C-Section so off to the operating room I went with Bill by my side and my Mom and Dad waiting out in the waiting room. By about 7:15 he was here but was rushed off to ICU as he had swallowed some amniotic fluid, there he stayed for 4 more days, I went home without him but was called the next day to say I could pick him up, Talk about a happy mom! the day I picked him up it started to snow it didn't stop for 40 days, I was so happy to have had him home and was able to do nothing but cuddle with him the whole month long!  I think that whenever  I was home I had him in my arms....He was my dream come true!  I was so happy to have a baby in my arms again! He has been my buddy!  We have hung out with each other, had many talks, laughter and tears. Even though he is a man now he will always have a special place in my heart! My first boy, he was one that liked to cuddle and be held until he was almost to BIG for my lap, still as we watch TV he will come sit by me and want me to tickle his back and every night when he is heading to bed he will tell me....I Love You Mom! I will never get tired of hearing that.  We have had our ups and downs but I will always be thankful that he is my son!  He has the BEST smile that can warm me up!  There was once a long time ago that he was so little and I was his world...now he is all grown up and our worlds are separating and soon he will be starting his own life as an adult. I hope I have done a good job in teaching him all he will need to know and that he listened well. I Love You Landon Karl Hart with all my HEART...Happy Birthday!!!

I had the Grandparents over last Sunday for the annual birthday dinner, this year Landon wanted pasta so I made regular spaghetti and shrimp Alfredo, green salad, cranberry fluff, garlic bread and for desert we had pie and ice cream!  and his cute girlfriend came too! It was a nice day. I am so glad we have this tradition!  however I need to get better and take more photos!  I only took one..Look how tall he is compared to the grandmas! 

                                          Grandma Hatt, Landon, Grandma Hart, Grandma Wanda Naylor

1 comment:

Polly B. said...

I loved this! It really tugs at your heart when they grow up, doesn't it? You've done a good job. :)