Sunday, March 15, 2009

Another Bad week for Tanner

I got a call from the vice principal that Tanner and his Science teacher were in need of a seperation for a short period of time so they put Tan in ISS (in school suspension) for that class period. I was totally fine with that and so was Tan. This teacher has not impressed me all year, he teacher at BYU in the evening and I think that he forgets that during the day he is only with 8th graders. I even think he has the same grading system for both places which happens to be focused more for BYU. Then a few days later I get an e-mail from Tanners Ceramics teacher telling me that Tanner had implanted a few metal cleaning tools into his project and then sent to be fired in the kiln. Which we all should have used our logical side of brain and know that would have been very bad for the kiln and really not good for re-using of a few tools. When I asked him what he was thinking he said he had placed them in there for wall supports. His project was a square flower box and he thought that they might not stay up before he could get it fired. So now he is no longer in ceramics and has been put in as a teachers aid, which they are going to let him use a study class to have help with his other classes. the vice Principal has actually been very nice through all this. But mean while Tanner had a bad week. Hopefully things can only get better.

3 comments:

Angie said...

He is at that hard age! Have you talked to the VP about the teacher that teaches at BYU? Probably not much will change but the principle needs to address it! Don't worry it could be a lot worse...I promise!

Shannon said...

so this is what types of thing o have to look forward to huh?:)

LeAnn said...

Oh Tanner.. He just needs to get through Junior High! I bet High School will be much better for him!