Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentines Day


It was 22 years ago today that Bill asked me to marry him! I remember it like it was yesterday!He called me up early that day it was a Saturday. He asked me out to dinner he said he wanted it to be a special date. Oh my! my heart was beating I knew what he was thinking and I was a little scared and excited! Was I ready for this? He came and picked me up he brought me flowers then we went to dinner at seafood place called Seaman James and Bartly it was one of our favorite places to go. We were both dressed up. and while we waited for our dinner Bill pulled out the ring and asked me if I would marry him? I said Yeah (can you believe that answer!) I held out my left hand so he could put the ring on my finger. Yes there were many people watching. Then he came over to my chair and gave me a kiss! How romantic! I then made him drive to Alene's house (my cousin) to show her my ring. I have no idea why it had to be that night but it did. He just went along with me. I was so excited. when I got home my parents were waiting up for me, I think they had a sneaky suspsion it was going to happen. I guess through out the day I got over the scared part and went for the excited part pretty fast. Glad I did. We have had a good and happy marriage which brought us Jailee, Landon and Tanner who have added smiles, tears and happy times. Who also helped us turn into the Bear Lake Freak Family! We have a great family and I'm really really glad I said YEAH! Thanks Bill for the last 22 years! I Love You!

3 comments:

LeAnn said...

Aww. I love it! You and Bill really are a great husband and wife, not to mention Mom and Dad! I am glad you blogged about it!

Devin and Jaclyn Stutz said...

I LOVE the Bear Lake Freak Family! I didn't know he purposed on V-day. That's awesome!

Angie said...

22 years! I hope i will be married that long! Thanks for leaving me a comment I miss you guys, but not the job ha ha!
Angie